Friday, July 15, 2011

Change

Change is a word I've been thinking about a lot lately. In the dictionary change means to become different.

It's something that I'm striving for. Not that I don't like who I am, but there are things I could improve on. I'm not talking about physical appearance either. I'm talking about a deep transformation something from within, a spiritual change.

It's been a struggle my whole life. To let go and let God do the work. Instead I want to do it all myself, because my pride holds me back (among other things).

I think of the word change and I imagine a huge mountain. Reaching far beyond the clouds with steep hills and rocky terrain. That's when laziness sets in and I think I don't feel like fighting a battle today, maybe tomorrow. Yet, who says I have tomorrow? It could be too late.

Tomorrows are like yesterdays not worth worrying about, because we only have now.

So I will take the first steps up the mountain an hour at a time. Reign in my pride and pray that this time I make it to the top.

Change doesn't come easy.

No comments: